Saturday, March 20, 2010

Craftsman Kitchen the budget way

I'm a huge fan of Ikea - my first visit (age 6) was a near spiritual experience.  So finding craftsman/steampunk style stuff there always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.


Beautiful, clean lines and they come in brass!  Because all things are better in brass.




I'm always a fan of more counter space and moveability and this has them both along with two more drawers.  Aren't those clean lines gorgeous?  And if it's a bit too plain for you then some paint and stencils can fix that in minutes.  Imagine gears stenciled on with a darker wood stain or maybe a mad scientist's doodlings on that top.  


I want to fill this shelf up with lots and lots of glass canisters and penny-candy style jars, all full of eccentric stuff.  Though, more likely, they'll just have rice, sugar, and cereal - but a girl can dream.  They'll at least need some great apothecary style labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment